The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Wonderful Wolf


I expect ev’ryone of my crowd
To make fun of my proud
Protestations of hypnotic entrances;
And they’ll say I’m sup’stitious,
A bit naïve to believe any legend
I hear from some wolf in pants.

I’ve been known to share your
Practical conclusion,
Thinking the beast could keep
Its seclusion,
‘Til all of a sudden that moon’s
Fullnesstude
Shown down and hit me smack
In the snude:
That’s how I turned out to be
The hairy young werewolf you see.
I’m as hairy as cotton in August,
All in the matter of one little poof.
No longer a smart little guy with no teeth,
I have become a most wonderful wolf.

I turn at a conventional full moon
From a conventional toe to a hoof.
And you will note, there is hair on my throat,
When I turn to that wonderful wolf.

I’m as gruff and as mean as a crazy loot,
A ghoul coming out.
I am sharp-toothed with a crock’dile grin,
Drippin’ blood down my chin.

I’m as hairy as cotton in August,
I’m as fast as bats from the roof.
If you’ll excuse the expression I use”
I am turning, am turning, am turning,
Am turning, am turning to a wonderful wolf.




No comments:

Site meter