The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Am Like the Night


I AM LIKE THE NIGHT
by
Larry Eugene Meredith



I am like the night.

Who can see the night unseeable?

Underneath the night Is light.

I am like the sea.
                        Place of mystery clearly opaque.

Underneath the sea --
      Beauty.

            I am not like those
                        Content in blind corners nested in narrowness.
                                    With eyes wide shut they

See not

That I am like the night.





Illustration: Photo by Nitewrit, 2007

6 comments:

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

clever metaphors.

Great take on yourself.
Smiles.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

clever metaphors.

Great take on yourself.
Smiles.

Marbles in My Pocket said...

Very nice write, Larry. Love this one!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/then-snared/

Kay said...

This piece is absolutely B R I L L I A N T !!!

Harry Nicholson said...

A musical ringing of 'n' sounds, with layers of meaning that are thoughtful and measured.

Charlie Parant said...

there is so much more to the night than we can see...

Site meter