The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

True Confessions of Bob Dylan



My guitar it means nothin’.
My voice , it means less.
If you hear the melody,
It’s a mighty good guess.
Still I shout it and sing it
And my records get buy’d,
And nobody notices
The flaws on my side.

My songs, they have meaning
And the meaning is deep.
But when I’s a-singin’,
You can’t grasp a peep.
Yet critics what hears it
Give satisfied sigh,
And they don’t notice
The flaws on my side.

Many dark hours,
I think about this:
Silence is golden,
Silence is bliss.
So you a-thinkin’
When I subside,
You don’t have to listen
To the flaws on my side.

My songs, they are wondrous.
You dig them the most.
But my singin’ is painful,
My accomp’ment is gross.
If you had three wishes
And could make a choice,
You’d see this Bob Dylan
Got a new voice.



based upon Bob Dylan's "With God on Our Side"

No comments:

Site meter