The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Monday, August 25, 2008

Please

PLEASE

 

 

There’s only one thing I wanted out of life”

A little woman to be my loving wife

And a few good children playing around me.

I guess I’ll never see an answer to my dream.

No matter how simple it might seem

I can’t find any decent love songs.

 

While I was sitting on the couch with my love,

Watching Cupid shoot his arrows from above,

I turned the radio on for some mood music.

 

            And now I’m mad at the radio.

            What am I gonna do?

            All I get outta you is:

            ‘Ou ee, ou ahh ahh, ting tang…

            Shut up and keep swimming…’

                        But no singing.

 

I make a plea to those who write songs.

Can’t you please stop doing lovers wrong?

Please write us a beautiful ballad.

I don’t think I can stand much more.

My baby and me are getting sore

From this tasteless musical salad.

 

            Yakety yak!

            Splish splash!

            I am becoming a monster, I’m

            Just like the teenage caveman.

 

 

No comments:

Site meter