The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Monday, August 25, 2008

Frankenstein

FRANKENSTEIN

They said I was mad. But I’ll show them
Who’s mad. I’ll build a monster that will
Destroy the world.  I’m not mad!

So, I built me a body and I installed a brain.
Then I waited for thunder, lightning and rain.
I put it on a stand and when the lightning came;
It’s Alive, Felix, it is alive! Who’s insane?

Felix didn’t like him. He beat him with a cane.
Then one day, when Felix did it just the same,
The mad monster hung him by a long heavy chain
And left him dangle there in the pouring rain.

They use to come to me and say, “Baron Frankenstein,
Pay your bills, they’ve been due a long, long time,
But they met my monster with his skin sweating slime
And they haven’t bothered me anymore about my crime.

            Eeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooeeeeeeee!

What was that shrill, horrid scream? Let me go see.
They’ve killed my deathless monster and hung him in a tree!
But who could have done it, who could have defeated me?
Why, it’s the U. S. Army and General Elvis Presley!

No comments:

Site meter