The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Monday, August 25, 2008

Pennsylvania

PENNSYLVANIA

 

I’d like to go back to the home I adore in Pennsylvania.

I’d like to go back and to roam no more from Pennsylvania.

 

I just would like to see once more

The rolling hills covered with snow

In mid-December when the winter winds

Begin to blow in Pennsylvania,

And bright little streams and creeks

Where ice forms over the waterfall.

I hear the water’s rush and the wind’s hush

Give out a winter call in Pennsylvania.

 

In Pennsylvania, where the fog rolls in,

Where the sales taxes grow.

Fall may see the leaves drop.

Winter sees the falling snow,

Then spring follows springing

And summer sneaks in knowin’

That the sales tax keeps growin’

In Pennsylvania.

            My home!


No comments:

Site meter