The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Saturday, July 25, 2009

You're A Fool, George Hilborn

Where oh where,
Did the little lad run?
What an idiot!
What a fool to run off
‘Cause he couldn’t face the competition.

You’re a fool, George Hilborn.
You’re a fool, can’t you see?
You’re a fool, George Hilborn
When you ran away from me.

You’re a fool.
George Hilborn.
You’re as foolish
As can be.

You’re a fool,            The breeze is
George Hilborn            Running along.
‘Cause you ran            By its side skips
Away from she.            George Hilborn.
            The rain has no
            Thunderstorm
            To face up to
            George’s wrath.
            You’re a fool,
You’re a fool,            George Hilborn.
Can’t you see?
            You’re a fool,
            George Hilborn.
You’re a fool,            ‘Cause you ran
George Hilborn            Away from me.
You’re as foolish
As can be.

You’re a fool,            I had always said
George Hilborn            That this here boy
‘Cause you ran            Would go quite far.
Away from she.            I just hope he
            Don’t run back.

Little boy lost,
Where can he be?                        You’re a fool.
Oh dear, oh my.            You’re a fool,            George Hilborn.
Now I can see            George Hilborn.            You’re as foolish
Him wandering            You’re a fool,            As can be.
Lost and lonely            Can’t you see?
Way out where                        You’re a fool,
There is found only                        George Hilborn.
The north wind            You’re a fool,            ‘Cause you went
And desert ground            George Hilborn.            And ran away.
And the night is            ‘Cause you ran
Full of strange sound,            Away from me.
Like a haunt stalking
His footsteps.

All through the night
An animal crept.
Then jumped out.
Oh man. That’s cool!
George Hilborn,
You are a fool.

You’re a fool, George Hilborn.
You’re as foolish as can be.
You’re a fool, George Hilborn,
‘Cause you ran away from she.

George, you’re a fool all right,
But I’m a fool much bigger.
If you wonder why I am,
It’s because what I did was sicker
Then running away like you.

I’m a fool, George Hilborn.
I’m a fool, just like you.
I’m a fool, George Hilborn
‘Cause I let me get away from you.

No comments:

Site meter