The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sally

After all, you are beautiful
And you’re smart.
I love you, it’s true.
I know my own heart.

Dear Sally,
You are beautiful,
More beautiful than anything.
That is why
My heart still cries
When you’re far away.
But some day
A star may fall
Down from the skies
To guide us to our new love.

I keep asking
Why I love you,
Why I care?
She left me little.
Yet I have love to spare.

But then
She made my life full.
A little more full of everything.
It was mine
Once upon a time,
This I shall always keep
Oh so deep
Within my heart,
A heart, which I lost.
Re-win her I will
No matter what the cost.

I keep asking
Why I left her?
Why I left?
She didn’t love me,
My skins thin, I guess.

Sally,
You are delightful.
More delightful than anything.
That is why
I’d live or die
To have you stay
On some day.
Because I love you
Far beyond words.
I was foolish with it.
Yours very truly,
George.

No comments:

Site meter