The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Little White Lamb


She came into my life

Like a little white lamb,

But she went out

Like a big roarin’ lion.
Why did she double-cross me
At the crossroads of life?
Why, oh why, did she leave me?

I will just walk along the streets
Alone and weary.
All alone in this world without her.
Or ending it down by the river
Because I feel so lowdown and blue.

Was I ever so down right untrue
Or unfaithful,
To her in our attempt at true love,
To make her sad, my little white lamb,
Or has love just flown like a dove?

When they lay me in that big cold coffin,
And when that black hearse starts on its slow way,
Then will you remember how I loved you
Right until that end, my dying day?

You came into my life
Like a little white lamb,
But you went out like a big roaring lion.
There on the doorstep you left me,
All alone and cryin’.

No comments:

Site meter