The Kid and friends somewhere near Lenape, Chester County, Pennsylvania, 1950


Total Pageviews Since June 2009

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Travel Notes

TRAVEL NOTES


Oh
So
Coolly
I am turning into other things,
Yet somehow stay the same.
I am sitting in my living room
While I’m walking in the rain

And it’s very gently dropping
Dripping             dropping
Falling wetly on my head,
Getting slightly slippery,
Rolling sleepily down my skin
Rolling            sliding
And it is slowly seeping in
Slipping through my skin,
Through my skin,
Oh
So cruelly
Slipping through my skin.

Then I sit upright
Facing through the light
To listen to my fright
For I feel a growing fear
Of some crashing I might hear
If the thunder starts again.

Oh
So
Coolly
I am sitting in my chair
While standing over there
When it begins.

Thudding and thumping!
Bumping and bouncing!
It is the thrashing of my fear.
Growing deeper is this noise.
It is thumping on the wall.
It is tramping down the hall.
Banging, bashing, slashing,
Shaking pictures as it falls,
And it’s barging through my mind,
Busting outward through my skull.


Then it flows like washing water from a warming rivulet smoothly swaying and swelling and I can taste that I shall drown in this sticky lustrousness of a milky sun-lit honey and so dreamingly drift throughout the flushing running flow of the straining stream until it is as relaxed as music.

My night is sadly funny.

Oh
So
Cruelly
There is the sorrow of her laugh
That rises where the water gave its bath,
Where every night begins,

A star regains its twitching,
My mind’s in pain and itching.
Life and death are busy switching.

I reach awkwardly for the wall
For it is fastly flying.
I am forever falling and the wall
Goes off so fastly flying.
The wall has left me alone with it all
Pressing for my fall and I must crawl
In the empty of myself.
And the wall is flying faster.
What could it be that it is after?

And I am grieving for now I hear
A corpse that comes to stare

Oh

So

Coolly

From my place upon the chair.







No comments:

Site meter